Community

65th Annual Hall of Fame shows the spirit of the city!

Nine outstanding Edmontonians were added to the City of Edmonton’s Hall of Fame during the Salute to Excellence induction ceremony on June 13th.   Salute to Excellence honours Edmontonians who ...

You said how many? 100 in 1 Day Edmonton!

When CITYlab describes its newest initiative to co-workers the initial response has been – “Can I do a project too?” according to Yvonne Pronovost, Principal Planner with CITYlab. “The ear...

The First 6 Months as Edmonton’s 6th Poet Laureate

Bilingual poet, performer, producer, mentor and emerging playwright, Pierrette Requier is serving a two-year term as Edmonton’s Poet Laureate, from July 1, 2015 to June 30, 2017. She is Edmonton...

Downtown has Big Charm

What do you find charming about Downtown? Perhap it’s your regular wine bar for date night or playing chess in Churchill Square. One thing’s for sure, what makes Downtown charming isn’t just the...

A Giving Back Christmas

The Landscape Design and Construction branch has always been passionate about promoting corporate culture within their team and extending this culture into the community. So when it came time to plan ...

Approval logjam-break enabled Pride crosswalks

One might think that painting rainbows on a few City crosswalks to recognize Pride Day might have been a difficult concept to ‘sell’ to upper management. It was, actually. But not for the reasons...

Bylaw group stronger for good neighbour challenge

When a group of Edmonton’s municipal enforcement officers first decided last year to build a stronger, more integrated team, little did they think it would boil down to free hot chocolate and snow...

Commemorating 70 years of international friendship

Every fall, thousands of tulips are planted across the country in different towns and cities to recognize the role veterans played in the liberation of the Netherlands. This year, Edmonton was one of ...

Downtown @ Dusk – Edmonton’s Nighttime Destination

As Edmontonians, we welcome fall’s crisp mornings with open arms. The weather has a familiar autumn bite, the leaves are clean off the trees, and the shorter days mean longer nights, giving you the ...

Innovation in Sustainability: Natural Areas

When’s the last time you went out and really appreciated one of Edmonton’s parks or natural areas? They’re so abundant in Edmonton that we often take them for granted. Our River Valley alone, th...

Behind-the-Scenes with City Staff on The Amazing Race

When Erika Droessler, Education Programs Coordinator for the Edmonton Waste Management Centre was asked to give a tour to two people who wanted to shoot a tourism video, she wasn’t too surprised. Af...

Get artsy for the environment

I don’t have an artsy bone in my body. I wish I did… but I don’t. I do however, have some very artsy friends who I will be calling this week to tell them about a brand new contest that the City ...

EMAIL US